Emilia Clarke Recalls Being Pressured to Do Nude Scenes on Game of Thrones

Emilia Clarke says she felt pressured to do nude scenes on Game of Thrones. During an interview with Dax Shepard for his podcast Armchair Expert on Nov. 18, the actress revealed that the frequent onscreen nudity wasn't always something she consented to. "I'm a lot more savvy with what I'm comfortable with, and what I am okay with doing," Clarke told Shepard. "I've had fights on set before where I'm like, 'No, the sheet stays up,' and they're like, 'You don't wanna disappoint your Game of Thrones fans,' and I'm like, 'F*ck you.'"

"I approached [the nudity] as a job - if it's in the script, then it's clearly needed."

As the Mother of Dragons, Clarke was expected to put up with a "f*ck-ton of nudity," making her hesitant to film certain scenes over the course of the series. "I'd been on a film set twice before then," Clarke explained, referring to the 2009 British medical soap opera Doctors and the 2010 sci-fi TV film Triassic Attack. "I'm now on a film set completely naked with all of these people, and I don't know what I'm meant to do and I don't know what's expected of me, and I don't know what you want and I don't know what I want . . . I approached [the nudity] as a job - if it's in the script, then it's clearly needed. This is what this is, and I'm gonna make sense of it . . . Everything's gonna be cool."

Thanks to her costar Jason Momoa, aka Khal Drogo, Clarke became more comfortable with showing her body onscreen. "It was definitely hard," she said. "Which is why the scenes, when I got to do them with Jason, were wonderful, because he was like, 'No, sweetie, this isn't okay,' and I was like, 'Ohhhh.'" Now, Clarke knows that being nude isn't a requirement to make it in the acting world and that her true fans will love her regardless of how much or how little of her body she decides to show onscreen.



from POPSUGAR https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/emilia-clarke-nude-scenes-game-of-thrones-interview-46922430
via IFTTT