Here's What Happened When I Pulled a Rihanna and Only Wore Bathrobes For a Week

Back in November, Rihanna graced the cover of Vogue wearing an orange Emilio Pucci towel on her head. Then, Rita Ora showed up to the MTV EMAs wearing full-on waffle weave. The Cut dubbed these lounging ladies pioneers of a new trend called bathleisure.

I like to think of this look as the rebellious younger sister of athleisurewear. Bathleisure is the girl who sleeps through first period and always tries to get away with wearing pajama pants to school. The person who wears it gives zero f*cks. Think of Rihanna, casually rocking terry cloth as she graces one of the most prestigious fashion magazines in the world. She doesn't care that she's only half-dressed, because it's not about the outfit. It's about her.

Could living in bathrobes help bring out my inner cool, calm, and collected Rihanna? To answer that question, I decided to dedicate a whole workweek to dressing like I just got out of the shower. It wasn't always easy. I risked an office HR violation, subjected myself to street harassment, and gained three pounds in the name of bathleisurewear. Here's why I'd do it all over again.

Image Source: Getty / Andreas Rentz



from POPSUGAR https://www.popsugar.com/fashion/What-Bathleisure-44503541
via IFTTT