A 10-Year-Old Wrote a Letter to an Airline CEO With His Own Idea, and the Response Is Perfect

A 10-year-old boy named Alex Jacquot sent a handwritten letter to Qantas Airways CEO Alan Joyce, and the response is probably more than he imagined. Alex wanted to share ideas for his very own airline and decided to ask for advice from someone he respects - you know, CEO to CEO. The preteen wrote, "I'm Alex Jacquot, a 10-year-old boy (please take me seriously), and I want to start an airline. I have already started some stuff like what type of planes I'll need, flight numbers, catering, and more." His new airline will be called Oceania Express, and yep, he's already got a CFO and head of IT. This kid for sure has more figured out at 10 than I did at 20.

Alan not only sent a formal letter in response, but he also extended an invitation to have a one-on-one meeting. "First, I should say that I'm not typically in the business of giving advice to my competitors. Your newly appointed head of Legal might have something to say about that, too," the Qantas CEO wrote. "But I'm going to make an exception on this occasion because I too was once a young boy who was so curious about flight and all its possibilities." The businessman explained his plans for a new project and wrote, "I would like to invite you to a Project Sunrise meeting between myself, as the CEO of Australia's oldest airline, and you, as the CEO of Australia's newest airline."

After Qantas shared photos of the letters on Twitter, the sweet exchange went viral and warmed hearts across the internet. Click on the tweet from Qantas ahead to get an up-close look at each letter, and prepare to smile.



from POPSUGAR https://www.popsugar.com/family/10-Year-Old-Sends-Letter-Qantas-Airways-CEO-45899974
via IFTTT